Heritage listed homes are a feature of some of Canberra’s oldest and most expensive suburbs, including Forrest, Yarralumla, Griffith, Red Hill, Deakin, Reid, Turner and Campbell. If the home you’re seeking to renovate or restore is heritage listed, you’ll need to seek an “opinion” from the ACT Heritage Council. Whilst a heritage renovation or restoration in Canberra can seem daunting, Emporium Building Group will help you through the process.
The key to gaining approval for a heritage renovation or restoration in Canberra is to preserve the property’s exterior façade and “significant” internal features. As a general rule, kitchen and bathroom renovations get approved without too many issues. Home owners should note that the ACT Government doesn’t charge additional fees for the heritage assessment or any architectural advice.
At Emporium Building Group, we follow a proven approach to managing a heritage renovation or restoration in Canberra:-
- Inspect heritage site and discuss proposed renovation or restoration.
- Consult the ACT Government’s Heritage Advisory Service.
- Assist architect / design team / building certifier during the Development Application process to ensure that design, regulatory and cost objectives are met.
- Commence building work and manage overall project (including regular client updates).
- Hand over finished project.
For further information and advice on a renovation or restoration in Canberra, please call the friendly and knowledgeable team at Emporium Building Group on 0404 620 678.